Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trust in the Lord...

God is good all the time.  The last few days I been very comforted by the words that God has given us.  My boyfriend's mom gave me a book that I absolutely love.  It is called Face to Face by Kenneth Boa.  Its all about prayer and using the scripture for your guide to prayer.  It is incredible.  I have found that no matter what I am worried about or doubting that there is a prayer or Scripture that calms my nerves.  Here are some of my favorites that I have read so far :)

"You, O Lord, are a shield around me; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head." (Psalm 3:3)

"How great is Your goodness, O Lord, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who take refuge in You in the sight of others" (Psalm 32:10)

"In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me. You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God." (Psalm 86:7, 10)

"You have loved me with an everlasting love; You have drawn me with lovingkindness." (Jeremiah 31:3)

"I am confident of this, that You who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until Your day, Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)

Anyways I am so thankful for these versus.  I am realizing that God is all that He says He is and I have no need to worry.  He commands us not to.  I have realized too that I don't need to perfect myself. All I need to do is look to Christ.  My life is about pleasing Him and giving Him all the glory.  Those who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame.

*Highlights of the week :)
-Coffee date with Katie
-CSI Miami and workouts with Jordan
-Someone thinking that I was dating Jordan...haha
-Laughing non-stop with Dave
-Saga date with Steven and Dave :)
-Dinner with Jenna Lawrenz
-SMALL GROUP!!! I love my girls
-Sunday night dinners
-Arby's run with Coray
-Worship night at Coray!!

*Prayer Requests
-CareNet: I had the second interview and I feel that it went great.  I am still waiting to hear back!!

Anyways God is good all the time! Keep trusting Him with all of your heart.  He loves you and is listening to you!!

Always,
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment