Saturday, October 30, 2010

Learning to wait....

So I have realized lately that the Lord is teaching me to trust in Him and wait...  So I moved back to Wheaton in the middle of August and I started job searching immediately.  I had been praying all of Senior year and in the summer for this day that I would be able to start fully searching for a job.  I literally applied to every job I could find.  I applied to over fifty school districts.  I knew that I would probably not be teaching this year, but I was still finding openings in school.  I of course applied to all of them.  I also was on Wheaton's website looking at all of the job postings.  I emailed many people and got back a few responses.  One of those was from 2toots in Glen Ellyn...haha yes it is a diner where the food gets served on a train.  I ended up getting this job! However...I am literally spending all that I make on rent, food, gas, etc.  However I am very thankful.  In the mean time I have still been searching. I applied for a job at CareNet as an abstinence educator! My roommate interned there and thought that I would be great for the job.  It took awhile, but eventually I got called for a phone screening! It went great!! I was very excited.  The next call I got was almost four weeks later haha.  I didn't even thing CareNet was an option anymore, but God had his perfect timing.  They called in a time I was starting to think nothing was ever going to happen! Anyways the interview went great!  They called a week later and I just did my second interview on Tuesdays.  After 3 interviews with them I am completely in love with CareNet.  Before all of my interviews they prayed with me.  I could see Christ so evidently in their lives.  This last interview that told me that full time employees get great benefits!! I was so excited...all benefits have 100% coverage as well!!!  There is one more interview and I am waiting to see if I get it :)  I will definately let you all know!

Ultimately I am realizing that God has a perfect plan and perfect timing.  He is teaching me to be appreciative of all that I have.  Each day is a gift.  Waiting only teaches us to trust in the Lord more!!
Well I have to run cuz Chentell and Ali are here for Breakfast!!!!!! YAY!!!

All my love,
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment